Sunday, September 23, 2012

Saying Good-bye to Summer with Lemonade

Hello there my Scrappy Friends!

It's hard to believe summer is coming to an end! As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end"! LOL! I am a huge fan of summer and would prefer to live somewhere where it is summer all year round. Well with that being said, I get to experience all the seasons living in Colorado.

With weather still ranging in the 80's I find myself reaching for a cold glass of lemonade or ice tea to cool myself down. As a busy mom of 3, I love items that are conveniently pre-packed. Yes, I know sometimes you pay more, but sometimes it's just worth it. I love that I can easily throw a few packs of lemonade into my purse and grab a bottle of water and have lemonade anytime I want.

I love when you have one of those A-ha moments, and that's what happened to me. I love giving little gifts, just the smallest gift can really make someones day. So I thought it'd be fun to give some of my friends little gifts of lemonade as a way of saying good-bye to summer.

"Lemonade Stand Sophie" was the perfect image to use for my lemonade treat bags!


I wanted to keep this project fairly simple, so I colored "Lemonade Stand Sophie" with my Copic markers, fussy cut her out and added some sparkle with my Atyou Spica glitter pens to her banner as well as all of the lemonade. I just love how the lemonade stands out! I also added 2 turquoise twine bows to the ends of her lemonade banner. 


I ran a glassine treat bag through my cuttlebug using the polka dots embossing folder to give it some fun texture. I added a coordinating piece of pattern paper from Little Yellow Bicycle and trimmed it off with some blue chevron washi tape. From the LYB pattern paper I cut a free hand flag and some of the preprinted lemons out. I then added yellow stickles around the edges of the lemons to make them sparkle. I attached the flag and the lemons to a paper straw I decorated using washi tape than added my image of "Lemonade Stand Sophie" to the glassine bag.  I finished off my lemonade treat bag by adding a few pre-packed lemonade mixes inside and closing it with a piece of washi tape.


I can't wait to share my saying good-bye to summer lemonade treat bags with my friends!

Don't forget to stop on by the SNSC shop, where you can find "Lemonade Stand Sophie" as well as many other cute digi images.

For more detailed information be sure to check out my youtube channel.

Have a Happy Scrappy Day!

Leslie







1 comment: