Tuesday, February 5, 2013

KLD Tip Time Tuesday - "Celebrate Today" Scrapbook Layout & Card

Thanks for joining me for todays Tip Time Tuesday. I'm really excited about todays tips using 2 different templates from the Sweetheart collection.  I can't believe it's February already, the scent of chocolate is in the air and everywhere I look I see red and pink hearts. Valentines Day is just around the corner and what a perfect time to scrapbook your loved ones or make that special someone a handmade card using the Kiwi Lane templates.

A few years ago my husband and I celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary in Hawaii. The resort we stayed at offered a luau on their property, so of course we went. This would be a first for both of us! The atmosphere was incredible, the entertainment was beyond anything we had ever seen, and the food was so delicious.

I created a two page scrapbook layout using photos from the Hawaiian luau, along with We R Memory Keepers "Crazy for You" paper collection and of course my Kiwi Lane templates.


Tip #1, using designer template Sweetheart 4T to create photo corners and decorative page corners.

To create custom photo corners of any size


To create decorative page corners follow these 2 simple steps.


I love that you can adjust your template based on how large or small you want your photo corners by just moving the template.  You can see from my finished layout what a fun look this gives your photos and I love the extra element the decorative corners add to my layout.


Tip #2, using designer template Sweetheart 3 to create small hearts.

Trace Sweetheart 3 onto your paper. Next, connect the valley's of the flower by drawing 3 straight lines. It should look like the second picture below. Lastly, cut them apart and you will get 6 small hearts.
I love how fast and easy it was to create 6 small hearts from one Kiwi Lane template! Just look how adorable they look on my layout.


After creating my layout, I had a few scraps left from this fun paper collection by We R Memory Keepers, so I created a Valentines Day card to give to my valentine! I even incorporated one of my decorative page corners using the Sweetheart 4T template.


Thanks for joining me today! I had so much fun creating todays tips! Be sure to share your February projects using today's tips over on the KLD Facebook page.  I can't wait to see them!

Happy Scrapping!
Leslie



Other supplies include, Cameo die cut, Close to My Heart Plum Mist ink, Colorbok White Textured Card stock, Lindy Stamp Gang Starburst Heliotrope Purple Plum, WeR Memory Keepers Badges,  WeR Memory Keepers Purple Bakers Twine, WeR Memory Keepers Crazy for You pattern papers, &  Purple card stock, WeR Memory Keepers die-cut Tag, Paper Studio white & pink crochet flowers, Paper Studio scallop punch.












No comments:

Post a Comment