Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My last Kiwi Project - Mini School Album

It's hard to believe but my time with Kiwi Lane has come to an end! Todays a bitter sweet day for me as I share with you my final project as a design team member. I had a blast creating todays Weekend Whimsy project using the adorable Smarty Pants collection by Simple Stories. I had the privilege of seeing this collection at CHA in July and I knew this was a collection I couldn't wait to get my hands on! I love creating mini albums and for todays Weekend Whimsy project that's what I did! I wanted to create a mini I could add various school photos throughout the year too. I also wanted to create something fun to store the mini in as well.

I love seeing before and after pictures of projects no matter if it's craft related or home decor.
So I thought I'd share the before of what I used to create my mini and what I used for the storage case.
I have several pieces of mini's from various manufactures I've collected over the years, so of course I picked out some chipboard, acetate, and felt pages to create my school mini with. While on a recent shopping trip I came across a decorative hat box that was under $3 so of course I picked it up not knowing what I'd use it for, but I knew I could make something with it!

*Before

So now that I have the platform for my mini and a way of storing my mini I needed to create a template for the mini to fit inside the hat box. I used the shape of the hat box and created a template using white card stock.
Now on to my favorite part!  Creating the mini album!

Here's a peek of the "After" showing my final project completed!

For the title of my mini I used Bracket 4T to create the shape out of one of the 6x12 sheets from the Smarty Pants collection.

I also used some of the remaining parts of the 6x12 Smarty Pants sheet to help embellish the cover along with some coordinating chipboard stickers from the collection.


I kept this mini really simple, so to dress up a few of the pages I created some fun pockets using Sunnybrook Lane 2B.  Creating pockets allows me to insert the cut out journaling blocks from Simple Stories and more photos.




Here's another look at my finished storage box and the mini inside.

Templates used 
*Brackets 2T, 4T
*Scallops 1B
*Sunnybrook Lane 1A, 2B

I've had a blast being apart of such a wonderful team and creating projects for Kiwi Lane. I hope I have inspired you to create outside the box and to look at your Kiwi templates in a new light. Thank you to the Kiwi owners and crew for welcoming me with open arms! Thanks to all of you Kiwi fans for your sweet comments and support! I look forward to being inspired by the new group of talented design team members and I know you will too!

Happy Scrapping!
Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment